- Web Development London Home
- What We Offer
- The Web Development Process
- Brochure Websites
- Online Stores
- Content Management
- Custom WordPress Themes
- Custom Solutions
- Web 2.0 Sites
- UK Cookie Law Compliance
- Web Development Fees
- Creating Trust & Sales
- Why Choose Ampheon?
- Web Development Portfolio
- GET A FREE QUOTE
In line with recent changes in European legislation, UK law now requires you to ask for a website visitor's permission when placing certain kinds of cookie on their devices for the first time. A cookie is a small text file placed on a visitor's device (which can be a desktop computer, mobile device, tablet, etc.) that is used to track certain site usage behaviours. This can include / affect (but is not limited to):
- Google Analytics
- Google adWords / adSense
- Maintaining a shopping basket contents across multiple visitor visits to your site
- Maintaining other user settings between visitor visits (such as 'remember me' functionality , language selection on multi-lingual sites, and so forth)
- Functionality for social content sharing buttons
In addition, if your site includes an existing registered user base who log in to a visitor login section of your site, you must make arrangements to notify them of changes to your terms and conditions to comply with the law.
We offer a full end-to-end service to ensure that your site will comply with this new regulation. This includes:
- Cookie Consent System - a bespoke system written by us that will prompt site visitors for consent to download cookies from your site. This is the heart of ensuring compliance with the law and our system is one of the least intrusive systems available on the market.
- Code Updates - updates to your site so that cookies are correctly handled depending on whether consent is given, or not, to accept cookies.
For more information, please contact us today for a free, no-obligation discussion on how we can ensure your compliance with this new legislation.